Irish for Parents Lesson 03; How to Say Good Morning & Goodnight as Gaeilge
Good Morning & Goodnight
Sa cheacht seo (in this lesson), you will learn how to start and end your day with beagán Gaeilge ag baile (a little bit of Irish at home).
Check below the video for useful links.
Irish for Parents Lesson 03
- Good morning = maidin mhaith [maw-din wha/vaw)
- Goodnight = oíche mhaith [eeha wha/vaw)
Briseadh Síos (Breakdown)
- Maidin & oíche are both feminine nouns
- Feminine nouns add a 'h; or séimhiú to adjectives that follow them (if that adjective starts with a letter that can take a séimhiú.
- For more on how to know when an adjective takes a séimhiú, take a look at the video above.
And, if you are a parent that would love to be able to speak some Irish at home to your kids, and raise them with the language, our Gaeilge guides are for you. Check them out below.
Gaeilge Speaking Guides for Parents Here
Beginner Waitlist Here